Last updated 18th July, 2019
Kudu Computing Ltd is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We’ve structured the IvyBackup web site and the usage of IvyBackup such that, in general, you can visit us and use our software without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
Once you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with us.
What we collect
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the site includes:
- Personal Data: Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily provide when you make a purchase or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the site or with regards to IvyBackup. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the site.
- Derivative Data: Information our servers automatically collect when you access the site, such as your I.P. address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the site.
- Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys: Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
How we use it
We use your information to help you complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on services and benefits. In detail, we use your information to:
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Email you regarding your license information or order.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the site.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the site.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
Who we share it with
Kudu Computing Ltd will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Unless we have your permission or are required to by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described in “How we use it”.
- Desktop Software Analytics: With your full consent, we may also collect anonymous usage statistics of the desktop IvyBackup client. We may collect basic usage information such as specific features used, options set and types of backups run. All data collected is aggregated and hence is not personally identifiable. You can disable this anonymous usage reporting at any time by disabling the option from the application settings menu.
Declining Email Offers
Kudu Computing Ltd makes it easy for customers to decline to receive email offers. At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving these offers from us by simply configuring your email preferences. All email offers that you receive from us will offer instructions on how to decline or un-subscribe from further email correspondence.